Six Valid Reasons Why Mobile Should be a Part of Your Web Design
Mobile Phones have become an integral part of life in present times. Heading the list of the best choices amongst mobile phones are the smartphone types which help make life easier for the average bloke round the corner. Today, smartphones are used for many integrated uses such as finding our way through busy city streets (street directories), checking mail, chatting with friends, acquaintances, and business contacts, and even making purchases online.
Not to forget simpler uses such as listening to music, running apps, or even using them as torches to find our way in the dark. Let us examine how mobile is making things easier for shoppers around the world and why you should not forget mobile in your web design.
- 1. Google recently concluded a study which revealed how integrated mobile has become for shoppers. Smartphones are not just being used for online shopping, but also as research tools and price comparison instruments. Today, over 90% of smartphone shoppers utilize their phones for pre-shopping activities. Examples include locating the store, directions for reaching the location, discovering opening hours of the store, and comparing the prices offered by the store against other competitors.
- 2. Google’s study also led to the discovery that shoppers also utilize their smart phones for devices for help in store. Nearly 84% of shoppers utilized their equipments to this effect.
- 3. Nearly as many as half of the store visitors utilized their mobile phones for 15+ minutes per store visit according to this study. Actually, one in three shoppers use their smartphone to look up information rather than ask the store employee.
- 4. Google also discovered that mobile shoppers tend to spend more. This can be linked to the knowledge-discovery effect, which removes the unknown factor in the buying process. This makes the buyers feel they have the optimal knowledge about the product and felt they are taking the right decision. The same study also pointed out that smartphone owners bought up to 50% more than their fellow shoppers who did not use smartphones while purchasing.
- 5. It has also been discovered that smart phones help shoppers save time and money, while improving the convenience factor. Moreover, it has been discovered that Mobile search is the customer’s #1 in-store resource to research products. Here, 82% of the customers used the mobile site’s search engine to discover products, scoring more than store apps (at 22%) and deal websites (at 20%).
- 6. It has also been discovered that mobile sites are preferred over apps by in-store shoppers. Mobile apps appear to be taking a back seat to the mobile website. According to the study, 65% of shoppers preferred to use a mobile website instead of an app at 35%. This is a clear indicator that you should be investing your money in a mobile or responsive website instead of investing in an app.