Starting an eCommerce Business? Be a Problem Solver!
While writing this article, I remember these words by famous scientist Albert Einstein “If I were given one hour to save the planet, I would spend 59 minutes defining the problem and one minute resolving it,”
These words are indeed very wise, however, most people when they begin a business, especially an eCommerce project, do not heed his words. These individuals, organizations, businesses, or companies are not stringent about defining the problem, let alone solving it, but want to be into a ‘business’.
Such entities end up pursuing innovation, end up a path where the result does not end up end up aligned with their strategies. Hence, they need to ask the right questions to get the right answers. This is realized only as a hindsight, when the project is often doomed to failure.
Hence, running a eCommerce business is all about solving a problem. Almost all folks in the entrepreneurial circles know that it takes problem-solving first rather than just starting a business and going about selling.
Why be a problem-solver
Instead of starting a business and offering products and services outright without understanding their problems, it is a better idea to be a problem solver, and eventually be a success. Thereby, offer the solutions as a panacea for their problems! Although this approach is not so perfect, it can be a good starter in case you are planning to start a new business:
- Solve someone’s problem and create a service or product that is a must have, and you are almost there. Sometimes, the approach is harder to execute than it seems, but this approach has been adopted by many successful companies such as Google.
- You might well remember that the search engine giant Google came into existence to improve search on the Internet. Hence, it is not necessary that you need to invent a new idea for problem solving, but it could also be a better idea.
- Hence, identifying problems and coming up with solutions that are good and sellable is just the beginning the task of establishing a great eCommerce business.
- Its not necessary to travel far away to find market opportunities elsewhere. Simply find problems to solutions close by. Hence, look at some of the annoying problems that exist closer to home and see if these can be solved.
- Next, after those problems that have been existing close by are on the verge of being solved, then to fill the gap, then you could need to look overseas.
- Here, you need to look at various places where you feel you could have a unique solution to the problems they have and find the way via eCommerce to fill these.
Hence, by looking into each specific area, you could find a problem that warrants a solution. The next steps are simply to solve these problems with solutions simple enough to justify starting your eCommerce business.
In case you feel you are a problem solver and want to start your own eCommerce business, talking to a senior eCommerce consultant might help! Why waste time – go ahead, pick up the phone and talk!