A Sneak Peek into Magento 2.2 EE Release and its B2B Capabilities
Magento made available Magento 2.2 CE, EE, and B2B Release Candidate software on June 23rd, 2017. And, Solution, Technology, and Hosting Partners participated in the evaluation and edition of the code structure. Finally, Magento presented its Enterprise Edition renamed to Magento Commerce 2.2.0 general availability in September, with the most awaited B2B features, enhanced security features, Business intelligence essentials, and numerous functional fixes.
The Magento Commerce 2.2.0 is focused on the B2B development and also includes new functionalities, exciting features, and plenty of enhancements and fixes. Here are the main Magento 2.2 feature updates:
- Strengthened B2B Module
- Magento Business Intelligence integration for advanced reporting
- Magento Social
- Deployment improvements
- Signifyd Fraud Protection
- Platform performance improvements
Let’s discuss each of these features here:
Strengthened B2B Module
- Company Account Management: This feature allows B2B merchants to support company accounts with multiple buyers in varying organizational structures. Corporate buyers can easily manage their accounts without involving the merchant. They can add and remove company users and can also drag and drop these users into a hierarchy that matches their organizational structure. Along with this, they can also define roles and permissions for each user to provide accessibility restrictions.
- Customized Price lists and catalogs: Merchants will now be able to create as many price lists as they wish for different companies and specific catalogs can be easily assigned to specific or multiple companies. Moreover, merchants can also create a default price list which will be visible to non-registered visitors.
- Credit Limit: With the new improvement, each company transacting with the merchant can have its own account where all the payments are saved. Merchants can adjust credits to different companies and finish their ordering with postponed payment.
- Quick Order: The most appreciated B2B feature. Often, buyers don’t require a lot of product descriptions as they know all details about the product, the new Magento feature allows them to make orders by entering SKUs or uploading CSV files.
- Quote Management: This is a negotiation feature that lets you continue improving your relationships with other companies. Now, customers can turn their cart into a quote and negotiate the prices with the merchant. The merchant can answer to it by adding comments and setting up the rates.
- Updated API for simple ERP integrations: This feature will save plenty of time as the companies can now create a list of frequently ordered products and just reorder them periodically. A new bulk Tier Price API can be used to update large numbers of product prices quickly.
You’ll enjoy these outstanding B2B benefits with Magento Commerce 2.2.0.
Magento Business Intelligence integration for advanced reporting
The new Magento 2.2 has an advanced reporting feature which is more user-friendly and dynamic and allows clients to create personalized dashboards including details about customers, products purchased and orders all in one place. This gives access of more than 70 best practice reports about merchant’s business and merchant can customize these reports to meet his/her needs and build new ones with Business Intelligence intuitive report builder interface.
The release of Magento Commerce 2.2 includes the first third-party extension – Magento Social. This extension establishes a connection between your store and your corporate Facebook account, and creates a page with products from your catalogue. When shoppers click a product, they are redirected to the corresponding product page in your Magento store.
Deployment Flow improvements
Magento Commerce 2.2 has a brand new deployment process named – Pipeline Deployment, that enables build and deployment stages to minimize production system downtime for site updates. Resource-intensive processes can run on the build server. Pipeline deployment supports easy management of configuration between environments, too.
Signifyd Fraud Protection & other Security Improvements
Magento 2.2 provides an advanced level of fraud protection by collecting merchant information and screening the fraudulent activities, so they can quickly reject roguish orders. Magento 2.2 security also reaches a new level due to 2 core improvements – hashing algorithm is upgraded and unserialize() calls are removed.
Platform performance improvements
The significant improvements in indexing, cart, and cache operations like:
- Long-running indexers will operate in batches to better manage system memory and run times.
- Customers can browse and shop on a storefront while indexers are running with no visible impact on their experience.
- Cart improvements will enable shoppers to create a cart with more than 300 line items, and merchants will be able to process a cart with at least 300 line items.
- Varnish cache configuration will now include saint and grace mode to make sure Varnish is always presenting a cached page to a shop’s customers.
- Enhancements to cache invalidation logic and optimization of edge side include blocks for frequently changing data that significantly boost cache hit ratios.
To know more about the Magento Commerce 2.2 features and improvements, click here!
We’re excited about the Magento 2.2 Commerce release, and we are confident about helping our clients to improve on results, by utilizing the advanced features and tailoring them, bespoke to every vertical of their business.