Customer Service in the eCommerce Organization – 7 Outstanding Tips!
Customer service is extremely important when it comes to serving the eCommerce customer. With the explosive growth in eCommerce all around the globe, it has become extremely crucial to understand the importance of wooing and retaining a customer through customer service. Fortunately, servicing the customer has become all the more easier through social media.
The growth in eCommerce has also seen an explosive rise in the social media parallely. Thus, emerging and existing eCommerce markets need to understand the language spoken by customers who have embraced social media and it turn, respond to them in a timely and opportune manner. eCommerce merchants can support the eCommerce customer in a variety of ways. Some of these are mentioned here:
- Offer multichannel support – Currently, many customers regularly use more than one customer support channel. In fact, customer expectations in this area are quite high, since according to reliable statistics, nine individuals out of ten expect to receive a consistent experience over multiple customer contact channels.
- Put your ears to social media – This factor is extremely important as many customers crave for a human interaction in addition to transacting on electronic channels. In fact, according to reliable statistics, as many as 88% believe that they will not buy from companies who leave social media queries or complaints unanswered.
- Track all customer Interactions – Tracking on all customer interactions means that you eliminate any source of hassle or fuss between the customer and your support agents. You need to understand that the relationship between the customer and your eCommerce company is formed on the basis of trust.
- Creating a support Center – Most people will tend to call up or try to interact with your support center before placing an order on your website. Remember that there always needs to be a human face behind the electronic (eCommerce) channel. Hence, creating a support center is the right step forward to instill the much required trust in order to start an eCommerce interaction. In fact 90% of eCommerce customers rely on support centers while interacting with eCommerce websites.
- Create an online chat feature – Yet another feature that can instill confidence is the online chat feature. Today, more than 77% of online customers agree that online chat positively influenced their attitude and perception about the retailer.
- Create a Timely Response Attitude – Always try and pick up the phone within less than a minute. Create an impression of timely response. Actually, nearly 84% of the people interacting with eCommerce sites report that that they are likely or very likely to do business with a company that responds to their phone calls within less than a minute.
- Deliver a Scintillating Experience – A combination of empathy and understanding will help you interpret the customer’s sentiments for your company. Identify the issue the customer is facing, resolve the problem, and channel the learning back into the organization.
Following these steps will certainly lead your organization on the path of success when it comes to customer service. Utilize these strategies and keep track of your organization’s interactions with your customers from all channels and organize them in one place. Give the customer a positive and consistent experience and see your business grow exponentially.