Eight Essential Elements That Drive Traffic To Your Magento eCommerce Site
Now that you have setup your Magento eCommerce store, and are expecting to carry out your online business with it, you need to understand that there are some vital measures that you need to take to ensure that you drive enough viable traffic to it that helps you to increase conversions and thereby increase your business prospects.
- 1. First of all, you need to ensure that your Magento eCommerce website is setup on a powerful server. Make sure that this server is capable of handling the number of visitors and transactions that you expect to drive to your website. If your server is not capable of handling the expected load, then you might experience slow response times and other unexpected errors. Also, making the best use of Google Adwords also helps in driving traffic to your Magento eCommerce website. You may also use similar pay per click management services that can help you increase your website traffic several times.
- 2. Furthermore, sign-up for affiliate programs. Simply put, people need to see advertisements for your website in order to show up and buy. Get hold of a good affiliate program that is known for its reputation and billing accuracy.
- 3. Keep fresh content on your website. This will help search engines know that you are always ready to make a sale. When you write fresh content for your website, you don’t want to be like so many of those stagnant websites out there that do not have fresh content and Google does not want to send traffic to. Hence, it is vital to ensure that your website is fresh always. At the same time, you need to ensure that you properly leverage social media for your website’s benefit. Linking up with various social media channels, such as Facebook, Pin It, and Twitter will help you climb to the top of the search results.
- 4. For customers to ultimately shop from your eCommerce website, they need a strong reason or compulsion to click 0n the product or service to make a purchase. For this reason, it is essential to include a strong call to action that communicates to the customer the necessity of purchasing from your website. Therefore, make a strong case for purchasing from your website with the help of an effective call to action, lest your customer decides to shop from your competitors, especially when they are just a few clicks away. Offering customers with freebies such as free shipping, discount codes, and loyalty rewards will help improve the chances of a purchase. Hence, make sure that you make the loudest noise about your brand and the reasons why customers should buy from you right away!
- 5. In order convince customers to purchase from your eCommerce store, it is essential that your website looks professional as well as secure. In case your website does not look professional or secure enough, then you stand a good chance of losing a major chunk of your business. Hence, ensure that your website utilizes the most up to date security measure for your website and also utilizes all the best practices that are in vogue for the highest design standards.
- 6. Abandoning a shopping cart after adding a product to it is a common practice amongst online customers. Try and follow up with such customers and try to bring them back to the store to complete their purchase. For example, you might want to follow up with the specific customer with a free shipping offer for that abandoned item. At the same time, follow up with the customer for every completed purchase in order to ensure repeat purchases. For example, you might want to follow up with a customer a couple of days after an order is placed with coupon codes for related items. You might also reward reoccurring customers with loyalty points or even site credits.
- 7. Also, ensure that your website is device friendly, and that it can be rendered easily on smartphones and tablets. As you might be familiar, the sales of mobiles will outnumber the purchase of desktop computers and laptops by 2016. You need to get ready for the future by going mobile right away! You are not ready for the future trend in eCommerce if you are not going mobile. The best way forward is to create a responsive website and also make sure that it is enriched with the right modules, add-ons, and extensions. Also, equip your customer with the ability to download the right apps for your customers for their shopping convenience. You may also use an app creator to create an appropriate app for your target audience.
- 8. Go by the current trend of personal display advertising, wherein you create personalized ads to target your audience. This guarantees that customers will exactly know who they are dealing with and what you sell. Finally, put your efforts in establishing a globally recognizable and international brand. For example, you may utilize the advanced Magento Enterprise platform to achieve this ambition. Many features such as translation and a range of payment gateway solutions are now available so that your customers are able to carry out their transactions with your Magento eCommerce website and are able to identify your brand in their native tongue.
- Without traffic, your website would just lie on a server hooked to the Internet incapable of achieving your business goals. It would surely be a waste of time, effort, and money, if your website would achieve zilch in return. In a nutshell, by following these recommendations, you will be able to drive the necessary traffic to your website to translate your business efforts into economic success.