Four Underutilized Features Of Magento Enterprise Edition That Help Boost Sales
As part of their eCommerce initiative, eCommerce merchants are always on the lookout for better ways as well as means to keep their sites optimized with the help of new trends and developments. Most eCommerce merchants have a private wish list of improvements they desire on their eCommerce websites. This is now possible through Magento Enterprise edition. The Magento Enterprise Edition comes along with fabulous features that make using this edition a pleasure. However, many eCommerce merchants are not aware of some powerful features of the Magento Enterprise Edition that will help them beat their KPI’s. Four of these underutilized features are mentioned below.
1. Rule Based Product Relations
As part of the eCommerce sales strategies, cross-selling and up-selling are two simple product recommendation methods that increase on-site conversions. In order to create a more relevant shopping experience, the Magento Enterprise edition is equipped with “Rule Based Product Relations” so that eCommerce merchants can enable these marketing tactics and also target customer segmentation with specific product recommendations.
This feature has been designed by Magento keeping in mind the busy schedule of most eCommerce merchants. Once you write the rule about this feature, you can conveniently forget about the rule. With Magento, you can easily assign the cross-sell, upsell, as well as related products to each item in your catalogue. In order to utilize this feature, it is recommended to use this navigation – “Catalog > Rule-Based Product Relations”
2. Search Term Management
Search Term management lets you spend countless hours in discovery to learn what your customer desire, how to shop online, and what terminology they use to describe your products. In a nutshell, your entire user experience as well as visual design as a result of these findings. The Magento Enterprise edition comes equipped with “Search Term Management” so that your products are easier to find. This feature allows you to:
- Add as well as edit search terms.
- Review all keywords and phrases that your customers are searching for on your site.
- Review the terms which are the most popular and least used to that your product detail pages (PDP) can be updated.
- Expand your ability to capture a broader range of search terms by entering synonyms or common misspellings for each product. This will help you to capture all your customer’s requests and redirect them to the correct search results.
- This feature can be utilized by navigating to “Catalog > Search Terms”.
3. Inventory Alerts
Since sales forecasting is an ongoing process that is done in an effort to avoid out-of-stock or overstock inventory scenarios, it must be done earnestly and seriously. Nevertheless, your reporting or planning can occasionally become skewed, resulting in an unexpectedly high or low sales.
You can use the products alert feature to manage such instances and also help increase conversions. With the help of product alerts, your customers can also request that they be alerted via email when a customer comes back in stock, or a new product goes on sale. This alert can be set in the following manner –
Go to the product alert section and set ‘yes’ to the following questions –
- Allow alert when the product price changes – with this permission, your customers will be allowed to sign for price change alerts.
- Allow alert when product comes back in stock – with this alert, customers will be able to sign up for alerts that will notify them when the product will be back in stock.
When you enable either, the subscription links will appear on the specified PDP.
4. Customer-Assisted Shopping
Despite all your efforts to make your site intuitive as well as interactive, your customers will sometimes need assistance with the product, shipping, or even payment details. The assisted shopping feature in the Magento Enterprise edition empowers the eCommerce merchant to provide a better shopping experience as well as a faster and easier response to your customers’ requests. When this feature is enabled, your customer service representatives can action the following tasks:
- Review a customer’s shopping cart.
- Remove items from a customers wish list as well as recently viewed products into their shopping carts.
- Apply a coupon code to a customer’s cart.
Your customer service representative need to simply undertake the following steps:
- Request the customer to log into their account, in case he hasn’t already.
- Navigate to the customers > online customers within the administrator screen.
- Select the customer from the list provided.
- This will open the customer account view.
- Then click on the “Manage Shopping Cart Button” to begin assisting the customer’s.
With the help of the Magento enterprise edition, you can drive more traffic to your website to help convert the browsers into buyers. Utilize these out of the box features as well as the complete feature set provided, so that you will be able to grow our business, encourage loyalty, and even manage your inventory with greater efficiency to produce better results.