Getting Ready For Magento 2.0 – Understanding The Platform For Better Awareness
Magento 2.0 is about to be released soon. Currently, it is in beta form, which means that it is being currently tested for full launch. It is expected to be launched in November this year.
The company has made major changes to the structure and other features of Magento 2.0. Although the original features of Magento were robust and impressive, Magento 2.0 offers a much improved architecture and CMS management capabilities. Customers also get more payment options that includes greater customization and control.
If your organization is running a previous version of Magento, you can go forward and prepare yourself for the new avatar of Magento – Magento 2.0. Also, let’s take a look at some of the changes here:
- Magento 2.0 comes with a different predecessor. Here, developers do not need to alter code file to make changes as each module is stored in different folders, which means that the businesses will save on the development costs. Since Magento 2.0 uses an upgraded pre-processor, the code can be maintained as well as changed without hassle.
- Magento 2.0 websites will have access to the new Connect Market place. Here, customers will be able to automatically scan for all extensions for plagiarism, code review, security, as well as quality. The new marketplace will also have a new dashboard for all developers along with a new usability interface to find modules.
- Magento 2.0 also includes full page caching. This includes Magento 2.0 community device as well as Magento 2.0 Enterprise. It is also expected that the ecommerce websites will now load in 1-2 seconds rather than 5-8 seconds.
- The Magento 2.0 platform offers easy external integration. Since the company has upgraded the API, it will also allow merchants to integrate external systems which can be used for transactions and other tasks.
- Magento 2.0 users will experience faster page load times. Thus, more traffic can be handled and there is no need for spending more money to buy additional hosting infrastructure. This provides a better end-user experience that means higher conversion rates.
- Now Magento 2.0 users will not be grounded with a single database. Now, if the customer desires, the front end of the ecommerce website including the website’s content, categories, and products can be served by a MySQL database to handle the traffic. Another secondary and standalone database can serve the checkout page.
- The Magento 2.0 has a user interface library. This library includes specific templates and patterns. It also includes a blank theme option so that developers can build from scratch.
- Also provided are better performance and scalability standards. The platform also comes with scripts testing tool and also comes an installer for future upgrades or external installations.
- Magento 2.0 also features a checkout process, which means that the shoppers can just enter their email address in to the system an can purchase normally or instead be asked for their password, but form fields can be pre-filled.
- When it comes to the matters related to the payment payment process, it now includes third-party embedded APIs with direct post. Magento 2.0 is integrated with payment systems such as PayPal, BrainTree, CyberSource, Authorize.net, WorldPay, and others.
- Magento 2.0 also comes with an all-new testing framework which includes testing mechanisms for integration, performance, and a lot more. Additionally, components that are separate do not need any manual testing.
- Further, integration is fairly simple if your ecommerce business utilizes the previous versions of Magento. It is essential to expert your standard data before importing to Magento 2.0. The standard data includes items such a customer records, product catalogs, inventory and customer database, and other type of business records as well.
- Once the integration is completed successfully, these can be imported into Magento successfully. Since Magento themes cannot be imported in Magento 2.0, it is essential to build a new theme in Magento 2.0.
- Since Magento 2.0 has an optimized architecture, building a theme is not time-consuming and does not pose any constraints. Finally, any extensions that have been currently been operating on the Magento website will need to be recreated.
Now that Magento 2.0 is about to be released, a better awareness of this platform will help you prepare yourself for its launch. This will help you to be ready eventually when this platform is launched shortly.