How to improve your Flash Website Sales– Some Essential Tips!
Flash Sales is the latest rage on the internet. Also called Private Event Retail, it can be a great tool for online retailers to reduce the cost of customer acquisition. At the same time, the likelihood of repeat purchases is also increased. According to reliable statistics, retailers that have leveraged such sites in the recent past have witnessed the customer acquisition cost drop by around 44%. At the same time, repeat purchases have jumped by 35% compared to traditional eCommerce sites.
A huge opportunity exists out there when it comes to flash sales sites as well as Private Event Retail. However, success in this arena is linked to including and following a detail oriented marketing strategy. You need to keep a few things in mind especially when you are running a flash sale site. These points will also help in case you are planning to implement a flash sale site in the future.
I. Handling Flash Sites – Gathering Customer Data
- Handling flash sale sites is an extremely critical issue which demands that you follow the insights that you have garnered from your membership base. Ask your new members to answer a few initial questions about themselves. It needs to be kept in mind that these questions do not need to be invasive or too lengthy.
- In a nutshell, the customer should not feel trespassed by your questions. However, it is necessary at the same time that you know about their general disposition along with their general demographics as well as interests. With the data that you obtain by this process, you will be able to build a persona of the different types of shoppers that visit your website.
- At the same time, you need to be mindful of the type of content that your customers are interacting with. You need to check which emails they click, what social media they interact with, and go ahead and refine your collected persona so that you have a clear understanding of 3-4 different key types of shoppers.
- Once that you have collected strong personas, you will be able to tailor a variety of stories so that you can draw each type in.
II. Drive customers to your flash site
- Once that you have created the personas and gathered the required customer data, you will discover that from the people that you have drawn towards your website and read your stories, a significant percentage of those will be your advocates. These advocates will become a powerful tool as your biggest marketing assets.
- It falls upon you to know who they are and it is their prerogative to be treated well. These are not those typical customers that buy the most, but on the contrary sing paeans of goodness about your products and services on various social media websites. This category of customers provide free as well as authentic endorsements for your flash sale site. In other words, these customers attract like-minded buyers to your website.
- You need to encourage this behavior right from the point of building your website. Amongst the initial steps that you can take are to include simple social sharing mechanisms, or social influenced merchandising mechanisms. (e.g. ‘customers also bought…’ type of mechanism)
- Another method is to incentivize customers to invite others. This is a tactic to grow your subscriptions. At the same time, it is also a great way to gain some social media ground. It’s a good idea to provide social sharing buttons every time you encourage your visitors and customers to invite friends directly. This is surely going to pay dividends in terms of reach.
III. You need to add the element of timing
- You will probably have understood by now that Flash-based shoppers are conditioned individuals and are creatures of habit. This means that you will need to be consistent in all aspects of your timing. Thus, you not only need to open and close your sale or event at a specific time, but also add the element of perfect timing to your marketing messages, especially your email.
- These should arrive in your in-boxes with regularity as well as create the necessary expectation about special deals that you cater to, and that they will arrive at a certain time. In a nutshell, you need to be consistent, which pays of in the long run. The whole essence of flash sales is to keep your shoppers on their toes, which you need to refine with every passing moment. Thus, your customers keep coming back for more and check your website – just to ensure that they are not missing on something special.